Renovation of Comfort Library in
the Recorded Texas Historical Landmark Building into a more functional central resource center,
complete with computerization for T1 internet access, while maintaining its historical presence.
Built in 1910, it was originally a soda pop plant with its own
interior hand-dug well (now covered).
space was a necessity in this RTHL-designated 1910 Landmark Schwethelm
Renovations accommodated crucial internet capacity by adding partial second floor,
elevator, all new mechanical and electrical systems to increase usability for at
least 20 years.
Portions of the original Mezzanine were preserved for
accessing added shelving and for historical resource documents .